The Citizens National Bank of Bluffton
102 S. Main St., P. O. Box 88
Bluffton, OH 45817-0088
Mobile Banking and Mobile Deposit Service Agreement
Thank you for using The Citizens National Bank of Bluffton Mobile Banking combined with your handheld's text messaging capabilities. Message & Data rates may apply.
- For help, text "HELP" to 96924.
- To cancel, text "STOP" to 96924 at any time. In
- In case of questions please contact customer service at 800-262-4663 or visit www.cnbohio.com.
Terms and Conditions:
Program: The Citizens National Bank of Bluffton offers their customers mobile access to their account information (e.g., for checking balances and last transactions) over SMS, as well as the option to set up alerts for their accounts (e.g., low balance alerts). Enrollment requires identification of the user's banking relationship as well as providing a mobile phone number. The mobile phone number's verification is done by the user receiving an SMS message with a verification code which they will have to enter on the website. Additionally, customers may select the type of alerts and other preferences which will determine, together with their account data, the frequency of alerts delivered to the customer. This program will be ongoing. Message & Data rates may apply. Customers will be allowed to opt out of this program at any time.
Questions: You can contact us at 800-262-4663, or send a text message with the word "HELP" to this number: 96924. We can answer any questions you have about the program.
To stop the program: To stop the messages from coming to your phone, you can opt out of the program via SMS. Just send a text that says "STOP" to this number: 96924. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. After that, you will not receive any future messages.
Terms & Conditions: By participating in Mobile Banking, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions presented here. Our participating carriers include (but are not limited to) AT&T, SprintPCS, T-Mobile®, U.S. Cellular®, Verizon Wireless.
Mobile Banking and any software you may obtain from Mobile Banking (“Software”) may not be available at any time for any reason outside of the reasonable control of The Citizens National Bank of Bluffton or any service provider.
Privacy and User Information. You acknowledge that in connection with your use of Mobile Banking, The Citizens National Bank of Bluffton and its affiliates and service providers, including Fiserv, Inc. and its affiliates, may receive names, domain names, addresses, passwords, telephone and device numbers, the content of messages, data files and other data and information provided by you or from other sources in connection with Mobile Banking or the Software (collectively “User Information”). The Citizens National Bank of Bluffton and its affiliates and service providers will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the information from unauthorized disclosure or use, but reserve the right to use and disclose this information as reasonably necessary to deliver Mobile Banking and as otherwise permitted by law, including compliance with court orders or lawful instructions from a government agency, to protect the personal safety of subscribers or the public, to defend claims, and as otherwise authorized by you. The Citizens National Bank of Bluffton and its affiliates and service providers also reserve the right to monitor use of Mobile Banking and the Software for purposes of verifying compliance with the law, these terms and conditions and any applicable license, but disclaim any obligation to monitor, filter, or edit any content.
Restrictions on Use. You agree not to use Mobile Banking or the Software in or for any illegal, fraudulent, unauthorized or improper manner or purpose and will only be used in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including all applicable state, federal, and international Internet, data, telecommunications, telemarketing, “spam,” and import/export laws and regulations, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations.
Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use Mobile Banking or the Software to transmit or disseminate: (i) junk mail, spam, or unsolicited material to persons or entities that have not agreed to receive such material or to whom you do not otherwise have a legal right to send such material; (ii) material that infringes or violates any third party’s intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, privacy, or confidentiality, or the rights or legal obligations of any wireless service provider or any of its clients or subscribers; (iii) material or data, that is illegal, or material or data, as determined by The Citizens National Bank of Bluffton (in its sole discretion), that is harassing, coercive, defamatory, libelous, abusive, threatening, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, materials that are harmful to minors or excessive in quantity, or materials the transmission of which could diminish or harm the reputation of The Citizens National Bank of Bluffton or any third-party service provider involved in the provision of Mobile Banking; (iv) material or data that is alcoholic beverage-related (e.g., beer, wine, or liquor), tobacco-related (e.g., cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco), guns or weapons-related (e.g., firearms, bullets), illegal drugs-related (e.g., marijuana, cocaine), pornographic-related (e.g., adult themes, sexual content), crime-related (e.g., organized crime, notorious characters), violence-related (e.g., violent games), death-related (e.g., funeral homes, mortuaries), hate-related (e.g. racist organizations), gambling-related (e.g., casinos, lotteries), specifically mentions any wireless carrier or copies or parodies the products or services of any wireless carrier; (v) viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information; (vi) any material or information that is false, misleading, or inaccurate; (vii) any material that would expose The Citizens National Bank of Bluffton, any third-party service provider involved in providing Mobile Banking, or any other third party to liability; or (viii) any signal or impulse that could cause electrical, magnetic, optical, or other technical harm to the equipment or facilities of Fiserv or any third party. You agree that you will not attempt to: (a) access any software or services for which your use has not been authorized; or (b) use or attempt to use a third party’s account; or (c) interfere in any manner with the provision of Mobile Banking or the Software, the security of Mobile Banking or the Software, or other customers of Mobile Banking or the Software; or (d) otherwise abuse Mobile Banking or the Software.
Use of Google Maps: You agree to abide by the Google terms and conditions of use found at http://maps.google.com/help/terms_maps.html and the Google Legal Notices found at http://www.maps.google.com/help/legal notices_maps.html, or other URLs as may be updated by Google.
Mobile Deposit Agreement
This Agreement contains the terms and conditions for using The Citizens National Bank of Bluffton (CNB) Mobile Deposit that CNB may provide to you. Other agreements you have entered into with CNB, including your Account Agreement and Online Banking Service Agreement, also apply to transactions made using Mobile Deposit.
1. Services: Mobile Deposit allows you to deposit money into certain accounts with your mobile device camera. To use Mobile Deposit, you must be a CNB account holder and have agreed to the Online Banking Service Agreement.
2. Acceptance of these Terms: Your use of Mobile Deposit constitutes your acceptance of this Agreement. This Agreement is subject to change from time to time. CNB will notify you of any material change. Your continued use of Mobile Deposit after we provide you notice of changes will indicate your acceptance of the revised Agreement.
3. Limitations of Services: When using Mobile Deposit, you may experience technical or other difficulties. CNB is not responsible for any technical or other difficulties or any resulting damages that you may incur. Use of Mobile Deposit is subject to CNB approval. In order to be eligible to use Mobile Deposit, your account(s) must meet qualification criteria set by CNB and CNB reserves the right to change the qualifications at any time without prior notice. CNB reserves the right to change, suspend or discontinue Mobile Deposit, in whole or in part, or your use of Mobile Deposit, in whole or in part, immediately and at any time without prior notice to you.
4. Hardware and Software: In order to use Mobile Deposit, you must use, at your expense, compatible hardware and software as specified by CNB from time to time. See the Mobile Banking “User Guide” on www.cnbohio.com for current hardware and software specifications. CNB is not responsible for any third party software you may need to use Mobile Deposit. Any such software is accepted by you as is and is subject to the terms and conditions of the software agreement you enter into directly with the third party software provider at time of download and installation.
5. Fees: There is no fee to use Mobile Deposit; however, there may be charges associated with data usage on your phone. Check with your wireless phone carrier for more information.
6. Types of Checks: You agree to scan and deposit checks according to the following terms:
a) Eligible Items: You shall only scan for deposit:
• Original checks;
• Checks drawn on banks within the US and in US currencies;
• Checks with your name listed as the payee;
• Checks that are properly endorsed by you (proper endorsements includes signature/business name and "For Mobile Deposit to Citizens National Bank");
• Checks that are not “stale-dated” (item bearing date of six months or more in the past) or “post-dated” checks (item bearing future date).
b) Ineligible Items: You are prohibited from scanning for deposit:
• Duplicate images of documents, checks or any other negotiable instrument;
• Any item that contains evidence of alteration to the information on the check;
• Any check previously converted to a “substitute check” as defined in Regulation CC;
• Any item that has been re-deposited or returned such as “non-sufficient funds” or “refer to maker” or returned for any other reason;
• Any item not in compliance with this agreement and/or prohibited by State or Federal regulations or laws.
7. Image Quality: The quality of the check image shall accurately represent all of the information on the front and back of the original check. Images must also meet any standards for image quality established by ANSI, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, or any other regulatory agency, clearing house or association.
8. Receipt of Items: CNB reserves the right to reject any item transmitted through Mobile Deposit, at CNB’s discretion, without liability to you. CNB is not responsible for items not received or for images that are dropped during transmission. An image of an item shall be deemed received when you receive a confirmation from CNB that the image has been received. Receipt of such confirmation does not mean the transmission was error free, complete or will be considered a deposit and credited to your account. CNB further reserves the right to charge back to your account at any time, any item that CNB subsequently determines was not an eligible item. You agree that CNB is not liable for any loss, costs, or fees you may incur as a result of CNB’s chargeback of an ineligible item.
9. Funds Availability: Funds deposited before 3:00 p.m. EST on a banking business day (every day except Saturdays, Sundays, and Federal holidays) are normally available for withdrawal on the first business day after the day of deposit. If you transmit an item after 3:00 p.m. EST, or on a day CNB is not open, CNB will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day CNB is open. For more information related to funds availability, refer to CNB’s Funds Availability Policy.
10. Destruction of Original Check: Once you have deposited the check successfully, you should store the check in a secure location for 10 days. After 10 days, and after you have confirmed the deposited funds have been applied to your account correctly, you must destroy the check. Shredding it is one way to destroy it. Destroying the check prevents it from being presented for deposit another time. You will be liable for checks that are presented more than once. During the time the retained check is available, you agree to promptly provide it to CNB upon request.
11. Deposit Limits: CNB may establish limits on the dollar amount you may deposit per day and per item. If you attempt to initiate a deposit in excess of these limits, CNB may reject your deposit. If CNB permits you to make a deposit in excess of these limits, such deposit will still be subject to the terms of this Agreement, and we will not be obligated to allow such a deposit at other times.
12. Account Reconciliation: You agree to notify CNB of any errors (or suspected errors) related to items deposited through Mobile Deposit as soon as possible after they occur, and in no event later than 30 days after the applicable CNB account statement is sent. You can contact us by calling 1-800-262-4663. Unless you notify CNB within 30 days, such statement regarding all deposits made through Mobile Deposit shall be deemed correct, and you are prohibited from bringing a claim against CNB for such alleged error.
13. Security of Your Mobile Device and Account Information: You are responsible for (i) maintaining the confidentiality and security of your mobile devices, access numbers, passwords, and any other security of access information used by you to access Mobile Deposit, and (ii) preventing unauthorized access to or use of the information used with your mobile device. You will be responsible for all electronic communications, including image transmissions. Any communication received through the use of your mobile device will be deemed to be sent or authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify CNB if you become aware of any loss, theft or unauthorized use of your access information or mobile device.
14. Ownership and License: This Agreement does not transfer to you any ownership or proprietary rights in the Mobile Deposit service, associated content, technology, or any part thereof, and all right, title and interest in and to the Mobile Deposit service will remain solely with CNB or its service provider.
15. Warranties and Indemnification: You warrant to CNB that:
a. You shall be bound by and comply with all procedures and operation guidelines established by CNB, contained herein or subsequently created;
b. You will not deposit or represent the original check; and
c. You assume responsibility for any check that is transmitted which for any reason is not paid.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless CNB from any loss for breach of this warranty provision.
16. Termination: CNB may terminate this Agreement at any time and for any reason. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect unless and until it is terminated by CNB. Without limiting the foregoing, this Agreement may be terminated if you breach any term of this Agreement, if you use Mobile Deposit for any unauthorized or illegal purposes or you use Mobile Deposit in a manner inconsistent with the terms of your CNB Account Agreement, Online Banking Services Agreement, or any other agreement with CNB.
17. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE YOUR USE OF MOBILE DEPOSIT AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT (INCLUDING THAT OF THIRD PARTIES) IS AT YOUR RISK AND IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. CNB DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO THE USE OF MOBILE DEPOSIT, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. CNB MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT MOBILE SERVICES (i) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MOBILE DEPOSIT WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, AND (iv) ANY ERRORS IN MOBILE DEPOSIT OR TECHNOLOGY WILL BE CORRECTED.
18. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT CNB WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER LOSSES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE MOBILE DEPOSIT INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE TERMINATION OF THE USE OF MOBILE DEPOSIT, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR CLAIM (WHETHER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), EVEN IF CNB HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF